Monday, October 22, 2007

Everyone Seems To Be Doing It

Posted by Sarah Fowles
Co-Founder, Family Friendly Media

Everyone seems to be doing it. Cosmetic surgery, I mean. It amazes me how many of my friends have ‘had work done’ and often people I thought would never succumb to this type of pressure. So I really started to analyze what is going on, rather than just say “Absolutely not me.” I thought perhaps if it could be them, it could be me. What I realized is that they really were not happy with the changes they saw in the mirror and they have the financial means to do something about it; so they did. I then started to realize that perhaps it could be me one day. What if I do wake up and all those fine lines and frown lines are no longer OK and I really don’t like how I look. Then what?

Well, I know I cannot have surgery. I just don’t have enough guts to be honest. So what about injecting products into my skin? I know for a fact that many people in my life would say that I am a prime candidate for injections. To quote a friend of mine, I am a forehead talker and as a result have the lines to show all the laughs and great conversations I have had. So could I inject poisons into my forehead and feel good about it? Well, right now I say no, but if the lines keep getting deeper and deeper, I may have to re-consider.

I feel that I am desperately seeking a solution. As more friends and peers have work done are they going to keep looking better and better and I am just going to keep looking older? What I wish existed was one place that informs you about great products and non-invasive treatments that help you age gracefully. I don’t mind having a few lines but I don’t want to look ancient. I would love to really take great care of my skin, look healthy and look great for my age. If anyone knows of this resource, I would love to hear about it. Or perhaps it is time to start one.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comment:

Romie Bourne said...

I have been having non-surgical enhancements done on my face for 9 years. I do it so when I look in the mirror I am happy with what I see. I am not worried about what I think other people see but what I see. Do I look as good on the outside as I feel on the inside? I am 49 and I don't want to look 25 but I do look 10 years younger. I have ALWAYS looked younger than my age and that was before I started getting Botox and Arte Coll and Sculptra. I lost weight recently and it showed dramatically in my face. Sunken eyes and cheeks. I know the experts say it is face or figure but why can't I have both? I have an amazing and very conservative doctor that does all my treatments. From Lasers to peels to IPL to Botox, etc. He sometimes tells me I don't need Botox in a certain place and for me to go home and come back in a few months. I went to him recently and asked about procedures to help with the sunken problem and he informed me about 2 or 3 but never pushed me to decide or make an appointment or into some expensive procedure. He told me to think about it and call him when I have made a decision. I like that. You would NEVER know I have "work" done. I am certainly not shy about it and glad to tell you if I did. But I don't have a mannequin, Nicole Kidman, look. I look natural and smooth and rested. And with an active child, demanding businesses and an busy lifestyle I couldn't ask for anything more