Thursday, October 23, 2008

Women lie about their age, but not the way you think!


According to a recent 'Lie About Your Age' contest and survey conducted by Define Yourself, over 50% of women surveyed admitted to lying about their age and 30% of those shared that they say they are 5-10 years older, not younger! These results were initially surprising but when we dug a little deeper we learned that women enjoyed the positive, disbelieving reaction from others. Ultimately it is not about the age but the feeling of looking good in other people's eyes.

In going into this survey we anticipated that we would learn much about women and the negative reasons why they felt pressured to lie about their age, but what came through loud and clear is that women are more liberated than ever before. As one woman proclaimed 'At age 34, I realized that I looked good for 34 but if I said I was 44, I would look amazing!". Crazy? No. Onto something? Maybe!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: