Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Words of Wisdom


By Elizabeth Grant


Women are always coming up to me and asking how I do it.  I’ve been stopped in malls, airports, and walking down the street.  Women want to know- how can they look and feel their best at ANY age?  While there is no secret formula or fountain of youth, every woman can benefit from a little graceful aging advice.

I don’t stop- and when I say this, I mean that I don’t stop living life as I always have. I’m now in my late eighties, and I haven’t stopped my philanthropy, I haven’t stopped working, I haven’t stop traveling the world, I haven’t stopped learning, and most importantly- I haven’t stopped DREAMING.  Life does not stop at 40, 50, 60, or even 70.

My determination and perseverance also keeps me strong and young at heart.  I never lose sight of the fact I started my company in the 1950’s when it was very unusual for women to be running businesses.  As a younger woman, I faced many obstacles that I had to push through.  I suffered skin damage to my face and lost a great deal of confidence for a time.  But, I had (and still do!) dreams and goals and I pushed through. 

As a woman in my vintage years now, I face different obstacles. My philosophy is the same as it was in my younger years- keep following your dreams and maintain a passion for life in every aspect.  I have had amazing achievements at an age when most retire.  There is a new breed of women coming about and I am a part of it.  Today women are living longer, healthier, and happier lives than ever before- and that is why I wish to inspire you with the knowledge that it is never too late to follow your dreams.

For those of you who wish for a few quick simple tips for feeling and looking more youthful, here is my advice:


  • Take care of your skin! Moisturize. Follow a skin care regime designed for your skin type.
  • Stay out of the sun. Always wear sun block.
  • Drink lots of water.  I drink at least 8 glasses a day.
  • Get your beauty sleep.
  • Exercise.  I still love to dance and I take the time to do it every day.
Just remember- you are as young as you feel.  I know I feel youthful and as a result, my vitality radiates from the inside out.


Wishing you all to look and feel your best and your greatest success at any age,





AddThis Social Bookmark Button




No comments: