Friday, July 17, 2009

Which 'aging' type are you?


Do you know what type you are? Has it changed over the years? It has for me. When I was in my late teens and early 20s, I was more more of an Upkeep for Me, leaning towards a High Esthetic attitude. I wouldn't think of leaving the house without hair done, lipstick, eyeliner and a cute little outfit on. What if there was a hot guy at the store? I also thought that as I got older I would consider cosmetic enhancements. (Let's just say I am no Dolly Parton and in fact, have become less and less like Dolly after each of my three children). Skip ahead a decade and things are definitely different. My attitude has changed. Now, at 36, my outlook on my appearance has changed. I WILL leave the house without a stitch of makeup and my hair in a ponytail. I don't consider whom I might bump into when running errands. I will, however, dress up when the occasion warrants dressing up. If I'm at work, I dress appropriately and put on my version of day makeup (concealer, blush and lipstick/gloss). If I'm going out for dinner/drinks in the evening, I might glam it up a little more...add some liner and mascara for the dramatic evening look. I am now a Practical Maintainer. I do what I can when I have the time and I'm open to learning about the newest in cosmetic products and treatments. However, my outward appearance is just not my main concern anymore. I wonder how I'll feel in another decade?

Working with our cast, showed me that I am not alone. Generally, we all go through different stages in life which help shape and mold our view points on everything including aging. If you haven't already, take our Which Type Are You Poll. You may be suprised at the outcome. Watch Season 3 beginning in early September and learn who you identify with the most. It may be one, two or all depending on where you are in your life right now.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button




No comments: